Another Ferrari Spied - The New F70

Did I mention that this is my own image?
After showing you spy paintings of the next front-engined V12 Ferrari, here are a couple of photographs of the next mid-engined V12 Ferrari, a car I know precisely nothing about. All I know is that the "F70" is the successor to the F60, officially nicknamed the Enzo Ferrari after, er, Enzo Ferrari. That car came out in 2004 with a 650-horsepower, 6.0 V12 it later shared with the 599, an 'F1' automated manual "flappy-paddle" gearbox and a top speed of 217mph. This, I imagine, will be better in every way. Logic dictates that this V12 is related to the 6.3-litre engine in the FF and the two-seater revealing itself at Geneva this March, but it will probably have more power. The Pagani Huayra has 730bhp, so let's say this ultimate Ferrari will have 740 or 750. It'll be around there anyway.


It also probably won't be a "breadvan" shape once it takes its camouflage raincoat off, unless it's a styling reference to the old 330 P4 endurance prototype, or indeed the 250GT Breadvan. That's all I've got, I'm afraid, except it won't be available with a manual transmission, because apparently feeling connected to your car isn't as important as shaving tenths off at the track day you'll never go on...

Comments